Quality rugs vary greatly in their construction and so along with choosing the safest and most effective method of cleaning your rug, correct rug identification is crucial in getting the best possible results and ensuring no damage is caused.
Depending on the rug size and composition it will be washed in either our ‘wet floor’ system or the ‘rug cleaning pit’ for a deep soak wash. The rug washing process is quite intense but in brief, the process follows along these lines;
- Before the wet wash, heavily soiled areas are pre-treated to allow our cleaning compounds to activate within the fabric.
- We then use our power vacuum to remove surface grit on both sides of the rug.
- Once this is done the rug is soaked and the machine agitation will gently massage a mild 7.5 ph-neutral shampoo into the rug with a continuous water flow.
- To further remove in ground and stubborn grit and dirt the rug is manually brushed making use of the movement of the water.
- Once the technician is satisfied that the rug is washed sufficiently, all cleaning products are rinsed away with a series of multiple cold water flushes.
- Now it is ready for the drying process (see our rug drying page)
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, we would love to hear from you. We are generally available immediately to chat with you about your rug/s.